Voting Rating:

Monday, April 14, 2008

insight

Hey all, I have been reading a lot of people's blogs lately and have realized they are all a lot more personal than mine. I have really enjoyed learning more about my friends and family and what they are going through right now. I feel like it keeps me in touch, even though I am not living by them anymore. I must say, it does not feel like I have made close friends as quickly as I usually do. Part of it is because we are a little bit more busy. Another reason is that we don't have a house that we feel comfortable inviting people to. Lastly, I do not have a running partner yet. Nothing makes someone a better friend than running with them every day, and just talking about what is going on in each others' lives. That is really therapeutic for me. Running by myself is also a release, but I really would love some companionship.

Aside from that, I am really learning that the Lord is mindful of each of us. He is really teaching me faith right now. I know that he will take care of our family as long as we are doing what he would have us do. This last 8 months has really made Paul and I reach way deep inside of ourselves to see what we are really made of. It has been a lot of fun too. For those of you who thought I was laid back before, you should see me now. I have to be very laid back in order to survive in our current situation, because nothing ever goes the way we plan, and nothing is ever done when we think it will be, and every month we have to create a new way to pay our bills, but it always works out. Which takes me back to my point that Heavenly Father will take care of us as long as we pay our tithing and live righteously. I have really felt that confirmed to me in the last few months.

My kids have truly been a dream through all of this. For Christmas, we got Gus a tool set and he is always right along side his dad while he is working on stuff. I can't say those are the times that Paul gets very much done. Actually I have found that he gets the most done when we leave town. Max is just always contagiously happy. He makes everyone around him feel good.

2 comments:

Ben and Maggie said...

Robyn,
I just wanted to let you know, I do check your blog and I'm glad your writing more about what's up. I miss talking to you often. We need to get together next time you come to town and play!

M.M.M. said...

Robyn-
I miss our running/chat sessions! You were always such a fun and good friend. You made those darn 6miles only seem like 2! We sure miss you guys!