Voting Rating:

Monday, July 11, 2011

3,542 miles of smiles

Here is our family just after embarking on a 3,542 mile road trip. Here's how it went:
stop one: SLC Utah
Stop two: Kalispell Montana
Stop three: Calgary Canada
Stop four: Grand Junction Colorado
Stop Five: Flagstaff Arizona
Stop Six: Phoenix
It took almost 3 weeks, and we loved every minute!



Our first stop was in Salt Lake City Utah where we visited my sister Kary and her family. I was lame and forgot to take a lot of pictures there. We also got together with my whole Jeppson side of the family and the Gustafson side of the family. We took a lot of picutres on this day when we went to Lagoon. I used to go to Lagoon all the time when I was little , so it was amazing taking my kids there. It was magical all over again. As you can see, Dot loved it.






Here are my little men enjoying a ride together.





Obviously, the little kids got very tuckered out. This is my niece Aleah at about 4 o'clock.



Here are my beautiful nieces Linsdey, Lauren and Abby with our beautiful cousin Sierra all about to ride the egg drop!


I though Cash and Aleah looked so cute together in this little car...like they were on a date





I love rides, even if they are the ones that usually make people sick. I don't seem to have that problem. So Paul made me go on the twisty rides, and I didn't mind a bit!

I totally did not know that Les was in this picture


Cash was so tired, he just crashed on the couch. Looks comfortable right?


On our way up to Montana we stopped at a dairy in Idaho Falls called Reed's Dairy. We had heard several times of a delicious concoction they make called a brown cow. This is where they take their unbelievably rich chocolate milk and pour it over their insanely creamy ice-cream like a root bear float...but much much better. We ate them there, and then we packed their ice cream in a cooler with some dry ice accompanied by 4 half-gallons of chocolate milk, and we took brown cows to Montana and Canada where we proceeded to eat them every night of our trip.


Here are the kids in front of the dairy cows




that same day, we went to the outer edge of Yellowstone park and visited Cave Falls where we were able to get out and do a little hike. We did our best not to be eaten by misquitos

There was only one other person there, and we got him to take our picture



BRRRRRR!

After we bought the shaggin wagon, the upholstery started to hang down off the cieling, so we bought this funky fabric, and reupholstered it with the help of our neighbor, who knows how to do those kinds of things. We love it, and I even made some throw pillows to match, which really came in handy on the road!


Here we are at the Neilson's cabin at Ashley lake...one of my favorite places on earth. The water was freezing, so Paul and I were the only ones that went wake boarding or wake surfing. So that meant we got as much time as we wanted!


But afterward, we got to sit in the hot tub


The kids absolutely loved the tube rides. I have never seen them smile so big!


Gus, Max and Holli went by themselves



I asked Holli to give me a pouty face, and this is what I got. Love it!

Here is Paul looking all studly in his wet suit


Max, Gus, Cash and Holli all did this easy ski. I can't believe how big these kids are gettting. It is so fun watching them do these things

Gus loved playing dress up with his cousin Holli...they have girls, we have boys and this is what happens when they come together
Here is Dot crawling under the chairs at Jeff and Jocelyn's house. I think she looks adorable

3 comments:

M.M.M. said...

Paul looks so hot in his wet suit.

M.M.M. said...

Also, I love that you made throw pillows for your car.

Ironygirl said...

I laughed when I read you had brown cows every night after going to the dairy farm. I think we may HAVE to go there now if they're THAT amazing.