Voting Rating:

Monday, July 18, 2011

You Scream! I Scream! We all scream for ice-cream!



My kids have been pining after some toys at the store, and I keep telling them that they have to save up their own money to buy toys. Well, it is pretty hard for a 6-year-old and a 4-year old to figure out a way to make money. So, we came up with a little summer business experiment where they helped me make home-made ice-cream sandwiches, and they sold them to the neighbors. The reason I wanted to make these ice-cream sandwiches was because I had a memory of a family in my neighborhood growing up who made home-made ice-cream sandwiches and sold them. Every time I would get an extra dollar, I would immediately take it to their house to buy one. It was the greatest summer treat I could think of. my dad would send me over to buy him one. I have been wanting to do this for a long time with my kids just because I have such fond memories of it. Over all, it was a success and my kids are $45 richer. They have now spent that money on a huge set of legos that we found on craigslist. Money well spent.

1 comment:

Judy/Mom said...

What fun! Those look fabulous. I think I need the recipe. Aunt Judy