Voting Rating:

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I'm back in business

Guess what! Our computer is finally fixed. I really didn't mind not having it except it was very inconvenient for Paul because he had a couple of internet classes this summer. Turns out, we finally got our computer fixed a few days after he was done with them. Let's just say he spent a lot of time at school and at his parents' house. Things are fabulous for us. Our house is done. I mean really done. Last Saturday, we just woke up and sat around, ran some errands and did whatever we wanted. It was great! I did get some ants in my pants though. It is kind of hard to just sit when you are so used to moving all the time. Last night, since we didn't have anything to work on at our house, we went and helped Paul's brother Aaron at his house for family home evening. So many of Paul's family have helped us so much. I was beginning to feel selfish. It felt good to try to do something the help them back.

There has been a lot of family stuff going on lately. First, Paul's sister Andrea got home from her mission about a month ago, so we're having a great time with her. Then, Paul's brother Jeff and his wife Jocelyn came down from Canada with their beautiful baby girl Holly. Then, Paul and I took our kids and went up to Utah for a week for my Grandma's 90th birthday. She is the most feisty 90 year old I know. It was so fun to see all my cousins. All of my brothers and sisters, with their husbands, wives, and kids, crammed into my sister Kary's new house. It was a blast. I stayed up late every night just to take in as much as I could. I really miss my family. I still see them a lot, but I miss being so close to them. When we got home, more family stuff with Paul's family because his sister Carrie is leaving on her mission to go to Philadelphia this Wednesday. She is going to be awesome. It is pretty neat to look at the missionary legacy in Paul's family. Carrie is the 7th missionary to go out. All of the children in his family have served missions except for Kevin and Jana because they are only 16. They are all good kids!

I discovered a few new things that I love. First of all, the game rock band on the WI is a blast to play with your family or friends. I can finally realize my dreams of jamming out with a rock band. Second of all, I am just about to finish the last book in the Twilight series, and I find it very surprising and satisfying so far. I swear, I am trying to put it off because I am going to be so depressed when it is over. I don't mean that I don't think I am going to like the ending, I just will be sad that I can't ever read the books again for the first time. Well toodaloo!

1 comment:

The Becker Bunch said...

YEAH for a fixed computer!! Now we need some pictures!! :) Sounds like you guys have had a great couple months!! HOW EXCITING to have your house done...I bet it's beautiful!! And soon, you will have another little one to bring home!!:) Congratulations on EVERYTHING!!