Voting Rating:

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Pet detective

This week, the most amazing thing happened. Our dog turned up missing (that's not the amazing thing), and He was gone for a couple of days. I went to the Humane Society and made sure he wasn't there. We drove all around Mountainaire looking for him, and I was getting ready to make signs. It was really strange, because I thought he must have gotten run over because, if he was just wandering, he would have found his way home. He is not a runaway-type dog. He always stays close by. Well, after a couple of days, I figured that we would probably never find him, and I was feeling a bit melancholy. As I was laying in bed that night, I was listening, through our open window, to the dogs barking and howling around the neighborhood, and I could faintly hear a dog whining. It was about 10:00 PM. I thought to myself, if someone had Boo, and they weren't letting him sleep in their house, he would be outside whining. I listened a bit more, and decided I had to know if it was him. I got out of bed, and pulled Paul with me of course, and we trecked up and down the streets of town trying to single out the house where the whine was coming from. Paul thought I was totally crazy, and that we were on a wild goose chase for sure. Finally, I said, "the whine is coming from that back yard." So I snuck along the side of their house and looked over their fence, and I could barely make out Boo's black and white spots in the moonlight. It was him! I could see that the people were still awake, so I knocked on their door, and told them they had our dog in their backyard. They said they found him, and didn't just want to let him go without knowing he got home safely. I couldn't believe it. To be honest, I didn't really think I was going to find him. I just couldn't sleep until I found out if that was him whining. It could have been any dog whining, I just felt like it was Boo. I am now officially a pet detective. So if any of you need some work done, I charge $50 per hour to help you find your beloved pets!

1 comment:

Ben and Maggie said...

Funny! Glad you found your dog!