Voting Rating:

Friday, October 7, 2011

Foul Mood!

Do any of you ever feel like you are drowning, and there just isn't enough time to accomplish everything on your to-do list. In fact, you keep adding to that list much faster than you can cross things off. Sigh! Today has been a day! I am in such a foul mood that I thought I'd better sit down and rant so that I can look back and laugh later.
So, my day started fairly well. I got up really early to go running. When I got home, the house was asleep still, so I paid bills. Off to a good start right. Then, Gus off to school, Paul off to work, I planted our winter garden with Cash and Max. That wasn't done particularly gracefully, but I felt like it was a success. Now is when the good stuff starts. So, I get kids all ready and loaded into the car, and I rush to meet Paul for lunch because we have a Groupon to Fatburger. So, first we stop at Alpine Valley Bread to get their 1 dollar loaves at 1:00 on Friday. People line up to get bread cheap. It was a Mad House. We waited forever in a crowded little store. Struggling to keep Dot on my hip and hold 5 loaves of bread and keep the rest of my children out of everyone's way did not bring me much joy. At the check out I realized I left my wallet by the computer where I paid bills this morning, but luckily Paul was there with his wallet. After leaving, I looked at those 5 loaves of bread and wondered if it was worth it. No worries though, because now I get to sink my teeth into a juicy fatburger. So, we get to Fatburger, I go in and order while Paul plays with the kids outside. When the woman tells me the price I say, "Oh, I have a groupon to cover that." I reach into my purse to find that not only did I leave my wallet, but I left the groupon too. Well, I was not about to spend $30 on burgers and fries, so I told them to please stop making our food that we would not be dining there today. I felt like a total moron, and I was starving, but 30 bucks is 30 bucks. (That place is a bit of a rip off I think!) Well, I told Paul and the kids the bad news, and Paul was fine, but Gus was crying instantly, "I just really wanted to have lunch with dad, boo hoo hoo!" So I tell them that we can stop at good old McDonalds on the way home, but Dad has to rush back to work. At least at McDonalds all the kids can eat for $1. Ok, so there's still a plan and it's a good one. Well after we get to McDonalds and my kids are happily playing on the jungle gym, I realize that even $1 per person is too much when you don't have your wallet. Grrrr! I was so annoyed with myself I could spit! I scrounged up enough loose change in my purse to buy 1 mcdouble that we split, and the kids were happy enough to play for a little while and go home to get more food. So, I sat to watch the kids play, and I was perking up a bit only to hear Cash yell from the top of the jungle gym, "I just Peed!!!" Are you serious? Just shoot me please. Could he at least come and tell me quietly so that every person in the store doesn't hear it! Well, we got out of there pretty fast, and now I am back at home trying to cross a couple more things off my to-do list while 4 little people are busilly making more messes that I am going to have to force them to clean up. This is just one of those afternoons where I wish I had a fairy God mother, but not all of us are as lucky as Cinderella. I guess I am actually luckier than her because I didn't have a wicked step mother or evil step sisters...and my dad didn't die when I was little, and my friends aren't mice. Ok, I guess I have it pretty good. I just wish someone would come clean my house. Ok, now I feel better, I think I will get back to work now!

4 comments:

Tera said...

AMEN SISTER! We miss you!

J Fox said...

Gosh I'm sorry, but it kind of made me feel better too! you always seem to have it all together so it's nice to hear I'm not the only one who loses there mind sometimes! I had one of those a couple weeks ago, not fun.

Judy/Mom said...

Just remember this too shall pass---all too quickly! I love you. Aunt Judy

Brooke said...

You made my day, I can hardly believe you have bad days because every time I see your smile and laid back calmness it revives me and reminds me "I can do this" otherwise I would have given up a long time ago. Miss you, Hugs Brooke